what is mindset
A mindset refers to whether you believe qualities such as intelligence and talent are fixed or unchangeable traits.
We have two different types of mindset:
- Fixed mindset.
- Growth mindset.
People with a fixed mindset believe that these qualities are inborn, fixed, and unchangeable.
Those with a growth mindset believe that these abilities can be developed and strengthened by way of commitment and perseverance.
Your mindset plays a critical role in how you cope with life’s challenges to greater achievement and increased effort. When facing a problem such as trying to find new skills.
People with a growth mindset show greater resilience. They are more likely to persevere in the face of setbacks.
A fixed mindset will always stick to what they know, either good or bad without trying to develop it.
Also read: How to set goals for academic success
Here, I will give you examples of fixed mindset and growth mindset.
- In a fixed mindset, you want to hide your flaws so you’re not judged or labelled a failure.
- In a Growth mindset, your flaws are just a To-Do list of things to improve.
- In a fixed mindset, you look inside yourself to find your true passion and purpose as if this is a hidden inherent thing.
- In a growth mindset, you commit to mastering valuable skills regardless of mood, knowing passion and purpose come from doing great work, which comes from expertise and experience.
- In a fixed mindset, failure defines you.
- In a growth mindset, failure is a temporary setback.
A popular quote by Peter Ndukwo says “Your limitations only exist in your mind, the mindset you carry is who you are. Once you win the battle of the mind, you have won the battle of life.”
Having the right mindset will change a lot about you.
Do you find it helpful? Let me know in the comment section.
developing a success mindset, success mindset quotes, how mindset affects success, types of mindset, what is a success mindset, the importance of mindset, the right mindset for success, mindset matters quotes, destined for greatness quotes