He wrote AN OPEN LETTER TO THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF EKITI STATE, AND THE CHAIRMAN NIGERIA GOVERNOR’S FORUM (DR JOHN KAYODE FAYEMI) on 4th of June 2020.
Combatant greetings to you sir, the executive Governor of Ekiti state H. E DR JOHN KAYODE FAYEMI, one-time governor of the state, former minister for mines and steel of the federal republic of Nigeria, the current and sitting Governor of Ekiti state, also the chairman of Nigeria governors forum.
- TUITION FEE SLASH: On the note and honour of our own amiable Governor Dr John KAYODE FAYEMI as the chairman of Nigeria governors forum, the outbreak of Coronavirus have nationally made parents of many university wards jobless, idle and all they could afford is not enough to even feed, knowing how much you value education and joy of Ekiti State people, we will appreciate if your excellency can use your esteemed office as the chairman Governors forum to plead for a nationwide slash in the school fee of Nigeria students by making Ekiti state university take the lead and others follow, as this will create an unforgettable relief on the parents.
- ELECTRICITY AND SECURITY IN STUDENT ENVIRONMENT: Students of Ekiti state university Ado Ekiti have been globally known to be in dark most especially in the students’ residential areas for the past few years which doesn’t speak well of the good image we keep being a first-class university. Despite the dark environment, students of EKSU have always burnt candles, sleepless at night and study harder to attain academic excellence which other states in the nation are envious of, definitely sir we will do better if electrotechnology is improved for Ekiti students. Security of lives and property of the students, on the other hand, will be an easy task to our ever working security agencies if electricity is restored in the students’ environment, however, the deployment of security agencies with high intelligence of knowing who to arrest, when to arrest and why to arrest will make education peaceful for the students of Ekiti State sir.
- NO TO ASUU STRIKE: One of the good point Ekiti State education has used in surpassing other is the fact the government of the state gives little or zero tolerance to internal strikes in Ekiti state university and other institutions owned by the states and this has helped in fastening the academic calendar, fast learning and making sure Ekiti varsity produce graduates as at when due, however, we will appreciate sir if your office and administration can continue to make sure internal strikes are curbed most especially after Coronavirus and the ongoing national strike, as I believe you being the chairman of the Governors Forum, it will speak well if our state continues to be of positive example to others.
- YEARLY “MEET YOUR GOVERNOR PROGRAM BETWEEN THE STUDENTS OF EKITI STATE AND OUR GOVERNOR: Meeting with the students of Ekiti on yearly basis to know their plights, pain, joy, expectations, and agitation will enable the state government to know what and where to channel educational related projects which will enhance not only education but also the stability of quality education in the state and Lastly, also this will enable the government of Ekiti to know where education is, and where it is going in the state.
- SCHOLARSHIP & STATE SPONSORED VOCATIONAL TRAINING FOR EKITI STUDENTS: As we know sir that the widespread of Coronavirus have served as a delay factor of time to Nigerian students as the majority of the students now find pleasure in vocational learning and other handiwork pending the time of instability in the country, during this period, hidden talents would be unveiled and special skills will manifest, it will bE of great joy if Ekiti state government can foster programs like this for interested students as it will give special knowledge, additional ideas and build the self-esteem of Ekiti students among their contemporaries. Nigeria students strongly trust the administration of your Excellency Dr John KAYODE FAYEMI as the pilot of an enviable Ekiti and we believe you always find pleasure in the happiness of Ekiti students, we will kindly appreciate if these aspects are considered or continued to be considered in making Ekiti indeed the fountain of knowledge.